Endless Adirondack Majesty
Far Horizon incorporates some of the finest land available for residential development in the Adirondacks. Just miles from downtown Lake Placid, the area’s first secure, gated residential property offers homeowners a secluded, private retreat encompassing over 600 acres of protected wilderness.
- 18 available land parcels of 5-12 acres each
- Over 485 acres of shared natural land
- Total of 2.5 miles in length and .75 miles wide
- Every land parcel has an unobstructed view of the Adirondacks
- Expansive open and maintained meadows
- Maintained by a responsible Homeowners Association
Whether you are yearning for the relaxation of an open campfire, the smell of pine trees or the sound of birds, Far Horizon is calling.
The grandeur of the Adirondacks lies in its mix of tranquility and wildness, which must be protected. Far Horizon is deeply committed to preserving the beauty of the wildlife that surrounds our land, as well as the extensive water system that is a rich resource for water fowl, bird habitats, beaver and trout.
We consider sustainability to be the most important consideration in all of Far Horizon. The vast majority of our 600+-acre property will remain forever undeveloped, preserving the forests, marsh areas and wildlife that are vital components of the ecosystem. These efforts provide an opportunity unlike any other to own land that will remain untouched in its wild majesty.
Adventures built by nature
Far Horizon provides the perfect opportunity to discover adventure at every turn. On the private property, you’re free to hike trails that lead to lean-tos and camping locations along the North Meadow Flow, or to a great adventure to the peaks and beyond.
- Miles of maintained trail systems for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- 3.5 miles of streams and 4+ miles of interior trails
- Lean-tos and gazebos located throughout the property
- Vast open maintained meadows
- Spring-fed ponds for fishing, skating and hockey
- Adjacent to High Peaks region of Adirondack Park
- Borders Mt. Van Hovenberg recreation and wilderness areas
- Christmas tree farm and maple syrup sugarbush on property